Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-22-2014, 10:07 PM   #1

Camera parts

Well I took my af400t over to my local repair guy. He tells me that both Pentax and Nikon have stopped selling parts. He has to get them from ebay or used. Sad very sad.

02-23-2014, 11:52 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Thread moved. General Talk is for Non Photographic related topics only.
02-24-2014, 09:43 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
Well I took my af400t over to my local repair guy. He tells me that both Pentax and Nikon have stopped selling parts. He has to get them from ebay or used. Sad very sad.
Perhaps your guy is not an "authorized factory service" provider. Last fall our office D80 needed repair, we do have an authorized Nikon service outfit in town (although, Murphy's Law, it's at the other end of town). They had to order parts, but aside from the wait for parts to come in, no trouble.
02-24-2014, 10:59 AM   #4
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
Well I took my af400t over to my local repair guy.
Yes, very sad indeed, though it has been many years since your flash was made and all things eventually wear out or quit working. A good electronics repair guy armed with a schematic may be able to craft a fix using off-the-shelf parts. That may be an option.

Steve