Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-23-2014, 09:47 AM   #1

WG-10 screen gone white

I have just bought a new WG-10 from Argos to go snowboarding and On day 2, I went to take some pictures and when i turned it on the screen was bright white without any menu's. I left it for an hour and it worked once then went back to having the same error again. I definitely did not freeze it , submerge it or drop it ..

Any advice would be much appreciated.

many thanks

02-23-2014, 12:27 PM   #2

Sorry to hear about your camera.
Is the item covered under Argos' 30 day guarantee? If so, go ahead and get it exchanged. Either the LCD is physically damaged or the data connector for the LCD has become slightly disconnected, just enough to cause this.
02-23-2014, 01:09 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by tonycostello Quote
I have just bought a new WG-10 from Argos to go snowboarding and On day 2, I went to take some pictures and when i turned it on the screen was bright white without any menu's. I left it for an hour and it worked once then went back to having the same error again. I definitely did not freeze it , submerge it or drop it ..

Any advice would be much appreciated.

many thanks
From time to time we hear of manufacturing defects in the waterproof cameras. I would recommend getting it exchanged or serviced under warranty, though the problem could be a simple as a displaced cable.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

02-23-2014, 01:46 PM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks guys, I thought as much. Fingers crossed for when i take it back tomorrow then :-)