Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-24-2014, 07:36 AM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K-3 and RAW setting

Hi
I receiwed my long time wanted K-3 in the mail today :-)
Is it really true, that I have to set it to RAW everytime I change exposure mode or have the camera turned off ???

My K-5 keept my choise of RAW+ at all times - which is very convenient for me, since I always want RAW+ unless I - very rarely - turn it off for HDR shooting or such.
Best Regards
Jens
(Denmark)

02-24-2014, 07:58 AM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Photodana Quote
Hi
I receiwed my long time wanted K-3 in the mail today :-)
Is it really true, that I have to set it to RAW everytime I change exposure mode or have the camera turned off ???

My K-5 keept my choise of RAW+ at all times - which is very convenient for me, since I always want RAW+ unless I - very rarely - turn it off for HDR shooting or such.
Best Regards
Jens
(Denmark)
You don't have to switch to RAW before doing any change or turning the camera off.

And you can also do HDR in RAW on the K3.
02-24-2014, 09:42 AM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Perhaps the file format setting is unchecked in the memory menu?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

02-24-2014, 01:17 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by flyer Quote
You don't have to switch to RAW before doing any change or turning the camera off.

And you can also do HDR in RAW on the K3.
Thianks, but not quite what I meant. I son't want to press the RAW button after every change I make in modes or after turning it off. Adam - below - has the answer Iwas looking for.
Regards
Jens

---------- Post added 02-24-2014 at 09:22 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Perhaps the file format setting is unchecked in the memory menu?
Thanks Adam his was what I needed to know. Sorry - I don't read manuals a lot, since I very often buy the new Pentax top model, I figured I could learn to use it fast without reading to much :-) I seem to have missed the "memory menu". Very practical. I thrilled that Pentax still makes VERY user friendly stuff. One of my main reasons for sticking to Pentax for 34 yaers now. Ever since the Pentax MX.

---------- Post added 02-24-2014 at 09:24 PM ----------

Thanks Adam. This was what I needed to know.
Sorry - I don't read manuals a lot. Since I very often buy the newest Pentax top model, I figured I could learn to use it fast, without reading to much :-)
I seem to have missed the "memory menu". Very practical indeed. I am thrilled that Pentax still makes VERY user friendly stuff, One of my main reasons for sticking with Pentax - for 34 years. Ever since the Pentax MX (1981). Still got one BTW- and most top models in between the MX and the K-3 :-)

Thanks very much Adam - I have made the apropirate.changes!

Last edited by Photodana; 02-24-2014 at 01:28 PM. Reason: correction spelling errors
02-24-2014, 01:30 PM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by Photodana Quote
Thianks, but not quite what I meant. I son't want to press the RAW button after every change I make in modes or after turning it off. Adam - below - has the answer Iwas looking for.
Regards
Jens

---------- Post added 02-24-2014 at 09:22 PM ----------

Thanks Adam his was what I needed to know. Sorry - I don't read manuals a lot, since I very often buy the new Pentax top model, I figured I could learn to use it fast without reading to much :-) I seem to have missed the "memory menu". Very practical. I thrilled that Pentax still makes VERY user friendly stuff. One of my main reasons for sticking to Pentax for 34 yaers now. Ever since the Pentax MX.

---------- Post added 02-24-2014 at 09:24 PM ----------

Thanks Adam. This was what I needed to know.
Sorry - I don't read manuals a lot. Since I very often buy the newest Pentax top model, I figured I could learn to use it fast, without reading to much :-)
I seem to have missed the "memory menu". Very practical indeed. I am thrilled that Pentax still makes VERY user friendly stuff, One of my main reasons for sticking with Pentax - for 34 years. Ever since the Pentax MX (1981). Still got one BTW- and most top models in between the MX and the K-3 :-)

Thanks very much Adam - I have made the apropirate.changes!
Glad that helped! Hopefully your camera should remember the file format setting now

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: