Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
02-24-2014, 11:32 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Sharing pictures in a safe way

Dear friends,

I decided to write this post just in case nobody has written about this, and maybe that might help somebody else that has or will have the same situation.

Almost three weeks ago I went to Rally Sweden 2014, wich is a World Rally Car rally and takes place between Sweden and Norway, for the second time in my life. Once back I uploaded some of my pictures to share them with some fellas in a social network.

Then something unexpected happened: Somebody I have there but not a close friend, asked me if he could use my picture for a private video to be shared with his friends. And then big trouble and big qüestions came to my mind. How should I do it? Is there any way I can do it and not loose my pictures? If so, wich is that way?

I just needed to know how to protect my picture, and so I went to Pentaxeros.com, wich is the spanish site of PentaxForums.com, and asked there.

With the help of some users, it was easy solving and I just learnt what can you do to share your photos, and so finally I can now share my picture without any problems.

It is easy and by using a Creative Commons License, CC-BY-NC-SA you have this issue solved. Plus I just added a second copyright mark on my picture. Plus i wrote the guy to ask him to please mention me in his video if he makes it visible to everybody.

Here I let you the "object of desire",

I hope it can help somebody in the same situation,
Cheers!

02-24-2014, 11:34 AM   #2

Photos: Albums
This helps me. I've wondered this myself. How do you go about getting a creative commons license?
02-24-2014, 12:07 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Hi mattieyp3,
Nice it can help somebody.

I totally forgot to explain how I made it.
If you have for example a flickr account, then there once you upload your picture you can add a Creative Commons license, before publish it.

---------- Post added 02-24-14 at 12:09 PM ----------

But it depends, you go straight to the Creative Commons website

That one in spanish worked for me
Licencias - Creative Commons

And once there the website itself explains you wich kind of licenses can you use, what are they for, and wich websites use Creative Commons Licenses (they are for free I must say, or at least the one I have used)

---------- Post added 02-24-14 at 12:10 PM ----------

Actually, here you have the American (or U.S) website

I guess that one might help more than the last one

Creative Commons U.S.
02-24-2014, 12:21 PM - 1 Like   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mattieyp3 Quote
This helps me. I've wondered this myself. How do you go about getting a creative commons license?
You can pick a license on the creative commons site and then display a button on your site. But one thing to note is that their licenses are "some rights reserved" which isn't suitable for most people who shoot commercially.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-24-2014, 12:46 PM - 1 Like   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
You are right Adam, their licenses are made just for non comercial purposes.