Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-04-2014, 09:01 AM   #1

WG-II Memory Status Question

Hi. 100% Newbie question - pardon my ignorance!

I have just starting working for a government agency and I will be using a pentax WG-II for field investigations. I am trying to find out how much room is left on the SD card. There is an icon with the number 164 next to it. What does that number mean? Manual was no help!

Thanks

03-04-2014, 09:38 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That says that you have remaining space for approximately 164 images at the present settings for the files, (JPEG fine and quality, etc.)

In your manual you might have an image/diagram of the display and a note in type that needs a microscope to read saying words to the effect of "shots remaining".
03-04-2014, 09:41 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
If the icon and # is on the bottom left of the LCD screen, then that's the number of photos that can be taken with the card in use AT the resolution & compression settings chosen. If you increase/decrease the resolution or MP, then that number will either rise or fall.

The easy way to know is just take a picture. If the number decrease each time then you'll know.
03-05-2014, 08:19 AM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks for the responses! Will check the manual again and look for description of the display as suggested. Should of thought of taking a picture. Good idea!

---------- Post added 03-05-14 at 09:34 AM ----------

After telling me where to look I did find indeed find the explanation on page 26 of the manual. The title at the top of the page is "Normal Display in Still Picture Capture Mode". Complaining about manuals is neither new nor helpful, but I expected to find the information in the discussion of SD cards.

Thanks again Canada_Rockies and FrankC. Valuable responses with helpful insight.