Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-09-2014, 09:43 AM   #1

Lightroom Can't Read Files - No Import

I tried to import files from my K-30 to Lightroom 5 like I normally do (have been doing this fine for months), but all of a sudden I encountered an error message. Lightroom 5 indicated that it could not import the pictures because it could not read them. I was able to import them to my computer and read them with another program, but Lightroom will not. Is this a permissions issue? I am not that computer savvy.

03-09-2014, 11:29 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I cannot discern if you are trying to directly import files from the camera via USB cable, or a card reader, or after copying the file to either the Finder or Explorer? That would help narrow possible issues.

M
03-09-2014, 12:51 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Miguel Quote
I cannot discern if you are trying to directly import files from the camera via USB cable, or a card reader, or after copying the file to either the Finder or Explorer? That would help narrow possible issues.

M
I tried both from the camera and from files loaded onto the desktop with Windows 7.
03-09-2014, 01:30 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I can't imagine it a permission problem unless you're allowing Windows to have it's way with security. You can do a Windows restore to an earlier time and make sure it's nothing with the OS.

Also check your import settings in Lightroom to make sure something did not get accidentally changed.

03-09-2014, 01:40 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kenntak Quote
I tried both from the camera and from files loaded onto the desktop with Windows 7.
Well, conduct a test with another card to see if the one you are having issues with is faulty.

M
03-09-2014, 02:04 PM   #6

Original Poster
Thank you for your help. It was not a permissions problem or a faulty card. The directory structure was changed, and I suppose Lightroom got confused. It was my fault, and I merged the old directories into one, and now things seem to be fine. I will have to be careful when I mess around with directories next time.