Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-11-2014, 07:41 PM   #1
Banned

How can I rescue my camera photos?

In fact, I have taken many great photos with my camera and also follow some suggestions to store all these photos on the inner memory card. However, something strange just happens. Whenever I try to view my photos on my PC, a message will pop out and ask me to format this camera card at first. But, if I choose “yes”, the formatting process will also erase everything on this card, right? I don’t want to lose them like that. Do you have any idea for me to rescue them all back? Please, help me!

03-11-2014, 08:24 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome!
Can you view the pictures on the camera when the card is in the camera?
Have you loaded the camera software on your PC?
Do you have a cable to connect the camera to the PC, or are you using a card-reader/card-slot in the PC?
What camera is it?
What operating system is on your PC?
These are things to check. If you can reply with answers to these, lots of people will chime in with even more helpful suggestions.
03-11-2014, 08:40 PM   #3
Emperor and Senpai

Use the USB cable between teh camera and the computer, pull them off, then format the card.
03-11-2014, 09:43 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Brook21561 Quote
In fact, I have taken many great photos with my camera and also follow some suggestions to store all these photos on the inner memory card. However, something strange just happens. Whenever I try to view my photos on my PC, a message will pop out and ask me to format this camera card at first. But, if I choose “yes”, the formatting process will also erase everything on this card, right? I don’t want to lose them like that. Do you have any idea for me to rescue them all back? Please, help me!
We all know how these threads end, so I will put this one out of its misery

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

Closed Thread