Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-18-2014, 12:16 PM   #1

F-- question

I just received my Pentax K30 today and I'm excited to learn how to use it! I think I set things up properly but I see a F-- that flashes and I'm not sure what that means. I formatted the SD card but the camera is not taking any photos--I assume it has something to do with the flashing F--. I have used 5mm lens and a 70-140 zoom, both from my Pentax K100 film camera. Any help will be gratefully accepted!

03-18-2014, 12:18 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This guide should help answer all of your questions:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/54-pentax-lens-articles/110657-how-use-me...k-x-k-7-a.html

Be sure to change the appropriate menu custom function as stated in the guide, and then follow all the other steps. Video version:

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-18-2014, 12:32 PM   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the Pentax Forums!

The F--- simply means that a lens is mounted that does not have electric contacts on the base that allow the body to control the lens aperture or that the aperture ring is not set on the "A" position (for lenses that have it). The links Adam provided do a good job of explaining what to do.

Steve