Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-23-2014, 08:58 AM   #1

How to eliminate sun glare

I have a Pentax KX which suits me just fine, however I have a recurring problem when I am shooting outdoors in bright sun. I prefer to use the viewfinder over the led screen and the brightness interferes, I have a hard time seeing what's in the viewfinder. I find myself shading the viewfinder with one hand while trying to hold the camera and shoot with the other, it becomes a juggling act. Would a rubber viewfinder extender help? Most of the ones I find are magnifiers and I don't really need that.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

03-23-2014, 09:12 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the Forums I can't really help with that question since I wear glasses and have the same problem . I have considered a hood as in the ooold film days. I do however wear a wide brimmed hat at times. Large enough to shade my eyes and view finder.
03-23-2014, 09:13 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Try a hat

Have you tried a baseball cap or another wide brimmed hat?

Los Angeles Dodgers Dri-FIT Classic Adjustable Cap by Nike - MLB.com Shop
03-23-2014, 09:19 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
There are little rubber eye-pieces if you don't wear glasses, and pop-up hoods if you do.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/840716-REG/Vello_esp_dslr_Eyeshade_Eyecup_For_Pentax.html

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=pop-up+hood&N=0&InitialSearch=yes&s...op+Nav-Search=

Last edited by SpecialK; 03-23-2014 at 09:33 AM.
03-24-2014, 12:30 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Hat with wide floppy brim AKA bush hat