Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-24-2014, 07:05 PM   #1

K20D with stuck lens

Hello, I would like to get an answer to this as soon as possible. I wrote in a question on using older lens from 35mm Pentax SLR cameras and got the answer below. I am going on a short trip on Thursday and wanted to take this camera. If I have to sacrifice the lens, that is better than damaging the camera.
See below:

I have a K20D and I also have some older Pentax 35mm cameras and lens. Is there any way to use the older lens with the K20D body?
Like March 19 at 11:46pm
Top Comments
Frank Beeson
Write a comment...

Pentax Forums

Yup, it's very easy. All you need to know is found here: https://www.pentaxforums.com/.../110657-how-use-meter...
How to use/meter Manual & M42 Lenses on all Pentax DSLRs (K-5, K-r, K-x, K-7...) - PentaxForums.com
www.pentaxforums.com
Many Pentax DSLR owners want to use M42 screwmount ( Takumar ) lenses, or M or K manual lenses, on their cameras because of the low cost

Frank Beeson

Hello, It worked as you said and was able to take pictures in the manual mode. The only problem is, now I can not get the old lens off the camera body. Never had any problem with the original lens going on or off, but the old lens will not release from the body! Any suggestions on how to get it off without damaging the camera or the lens?
Like Reply 19 hours ago

03-24-2014, 07:29 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I am not sure what lens you are using, but it sounds like one with the Ricoh pin. The pin lines up with the AF screw drive on the DSLR's Try switching the camera back and forth from AF to MF while wiggling the lens a bit . ( as in on off) That may allow the lens to rotate off. Another thing to try is a thin feeler gauge worked between the lens and body at the screw drive to work the pin up out pf the hole. Then after the lens is off the pin is Fairly easy to remove so it doesn't happen again.
03-24-2014, 07:33 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I don't see anywhere that it says which lens you are using. Sorry if I missed it. That's important as not all k-mount lenses work 100%. Some have something called a "Ricoh pin" which I suspect is what your problem is. Post back with the name of the lens and I'm sure someone can help.
03-25-2014, 12:16 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I got a Ricoh Pin lens stuck on my *ist DS. I just twisted the damn thing back and forth until the Ricoh Pin broke.