Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-25-2014, 09:02 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
K30 Problem

Hi all New to the Forum but had a search but cant see anything like to what i am having . it all Started after the latest firmware up date I suppose after a Hours of out shooting scenery here and there, not a solid hour mind you . The shutter ( possible) seems to stick takes a good few seconds to go back to normal,. what i mean is i take a picture It goes Click takes the picture fine but then if i go to take another i looks through viewfinder and its all out of focus it then resets after a few seconds and its in focus . ???? i can then take another picture and it will do the same again its sometimes locks up and i have to take battery out to reset it . This is even with a fully charged Battery is there anyway to roll back the firmware update .

03-25-2014, 10:02 AM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kennypa4 Quote
take another i looks through viewfinder and its all out of focus it then resets after a few seconds and its in focus . ????
If it was mirror or shutter related things would be black in the viewfinder, not out of focus. Not sure what the problem is, but I strongly doubt it has anything to do with a firmware update. You might try resetting the camera to factory default and see if that clears things.

If not then the best thing to do is controlled tests, to determine what exactly is going on. Try to sort out exactly what part of the picture taking cycle is failing and which part of the hardware. Is it the camera or the lens? Which lens are you using by the way?
03-25-2014, 10:35 AM - 1 Like   #3
Veteran Member

A shot-in-the-dark guess, but try taking the lens off and on. And clean the camera and lens contacts too.
03-25-2014, 01:05 PM   #4

Original Poster
I will try explain a bit better when you press the button to take a picture it takes the picture but there seems to be a delay in it finishing the action.
I am not sure if its the lens or the shutter it does it with the 3 lenses I have the original pentax 18- 55 also have a pentax 28 - 80 and tamron 70 -300 .
t starts off the day working fine But like i say after being out for about an hour it starts doing this . When you depress the button and looking through the viewfinder you see the action like you blink your eye well its like that only it seem to only partly open again if you catch my drift. Its as if when you blink your eye and it does not open fully hope that explains it better .

03-25-2014, 01:07 PM - 1 Like   #5
Pentaxian

Not sure what features the K30 has, but is it doing some sort of post-shot processing, like lens correction?
03-25-2014, 01:22 PM - 1 Like   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If Noise Reduction is on, it will act that way.
03-25-2014, 03:08 PM   #7

Original Poster
slow shutter speed reduction was on auto so have switched it off Also Lens correction is on .So have switched slow shutter speed reduction off for now will try that if that does not cure it will turn of lens correction as well cheers folks will re post once i get time off work to get out prob sat or sunday

03-25-2014, 03:29 PM - 1 Like   #8

hi, I know this may sound silly, but have you checked if the timer is activated? have you tried focusing with the shutter half pressed and then release?

my K-30 was on repair some weeks ago but the problem was with exposure inconsistencies. I don't remember reading your fault yet, but it still could be a rare case
03-26-2014, 11:42 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
If the timer were activated then it would beep during the countdown... unless the sounds were deactivated?