Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-27-2014, 09:54 AM   #1

Help repairing "Memory Card Error" on K10D

Hello,

New to the forum, unfortunately I couldn't find a direct answer to my problem. I get the "memory card full" message with any SD card I try. Then I decided to open the camera and see what's going on. Sure enough, I found the connector that bridges the PCB to the SD reader board, ripped off the main PCB. So, now I have a microscopically small, partially damaged connector, with a main board that has broken tracks which I can't repair.

Has anyone been successful in repairing this? The main PCB is perfect other than this connector. I'd like to know if I can get a new connector. Otherwise, looks like a new PCB board (not sure if it's worth it at this point, or if it's even still available).

Thanks,
Evan

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
FinePix F20  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
FinePix F20  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
FinePix F20  Photo 
03-27-2014, 10:46 AM   #2
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by EvanBand Quote
I found the connector that bridges the PCB to the SD reader board, ripped off the main PCB.
Appears this connector got ripped off the main board either by a camera drop, or pulled off while disassembling.

If the connector can be resoldered back onto the main board, trace lines can sometimes be repaired either by painting new conductive material, or running thin wires.

03-27-2014, 11:16 AM   #3

Original Poster
Thank you Tom for the quick response. And you're right, the camera was dropped, and that caused the connector to rip off.
What you suggest, is exactly what I'd like to do, maybe trace the lines. The problem is that they are so small, I can't even see them. I guess I might have to invest in a 10x magnifier, and see things better.
07-06-2017, 02:18 PM   #4

QuoteOriginally posted by EvanBand Quote
Thank you Tom for the quick response. And you're right, the camera was dropped, and that caused the connector to rip off.
What you suggest, is exactly what I'd like to do, maybe trace the lines. The problem is that they are so small, I can't even see them. I guess I might have to invest in a 10x magnifier, and see things better.
hey did you ever get the camera to work? did you solder the board?