Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
03-28-2014, 10:18 PM   #16
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by G and T Quote
This amazes me how upset they get when some-one mentions a scanner. I wonder how they post pictures?
Glenn
Mental telepathy...

Sorry to sound so negative about APUG. They are a great resource and I was active there at one time and I guess I understand the stance of supporting analog process only in terms of forum discussions.

Steve

03-29-2014, 12:28 AM   #17
Veteran Member

You guys need to take that to DPUG! j/k

My favourite BW films are:
Fuji acros 100
Fuji neopan 400 (it's discontinued, but beautiful)
Kodak tmax 400
Kodak trix

They are all different, so try them all.

I tried ilford hp5, but I didn't like the grains and it was just too grey with not enough contrast.

Rollei is nice too of you are into IR.

---------- Post added 03-29-14 at 06:28 PM ----------

And don't forget to try colour film, it has different look than digital and I love it!
03-29-2014, 12:38 AM   #18
Veteran Member

what about Kentmere 100? pretty good price and quality is nice

Kentmere Kentmere 35mm Black and White ISO 100 Negative 6012368
03-29-2014, 05:17 AM   #19

Original Poster
Wow thats a lot of useful info. Well, I will be careful about APUG. I DID find a local camera club in my area to try out next month. I will check out the K1000 SE and learn the differences. I do like that particular camera and can also move to a second one later. IT seems to be a great starter and beyond - But I wil watch prices and preferably look for a free offer. Almost got one yesterday but was later. I did find two free damaged ones that I can use to learn how they operate.

Thanks for all the tips and I will heed them all and patiently wait for free stuff. With 3 kids - I have a budget and no use paying for something that is given away if I wait patiently. Ill be on this forum alot and thanks for Erics website. I saw his name come up before but no link. BOOKMARKED!

QuoteOriginally posted by PPPPPP42 Quote
Umm, as a donating member of APUG, don't bother going there until you know enough to ask intelligent specific questions, they can be a difficult bunch at times...

Also a K1000 is a "fun" camera due to its simple essentials only approach (I have one), but there are actually far more capable K mount bodies that can be had for less thanks to its "classic" status driving the prices up. If you really want a K1000 make sure it has the Asahi logo on the front of the penta prism (top housing) and decide if you would prefer a split prism that the SE version comes with.
Assume that any old camera body you buy will need a CLR unless a reliable seller specifically states it has been done in the last few years. If not the board favorite is Eric: Home

As far as a darkroom do your homework...