Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-28-2014, 09:54 AM   #1

AA Battery Pack FG on ZX-30: odd error

On a functional, well tested/used, ZX-30 a brand new AA Battery Pack FG works as billed when testing with no film in the camera and fresh duracells loaded. With film in the camera the battery pack opens the shutter when the release is pressed (I tried in both M mode at f8 & 1/125 and in Aperture Priority at f8 with the meter reading 1/125 and 1/250) and leaves it open for about 5 seconds. During this time the LCD display goes blank - no error. Ouch. When I remove the film, the grip/camera combo works fine. When I load CR2 lithium batteries into the camera after detaching the grip the camera works great. Unfortunately, the problem is easily replicated. Does anyone have any idea what is going on or what troubleshooting steps I can take?

03-28-2014, 10:21 AM   #2
Veteran Member

I'd make sure the electrical contacts are clean first.
03-28-2014, 10:27 AM   #3

Original Poster
Hi John, I did check this and everything looked good. I'll have at the contacts again with an eraser but I think something else is going on. Unfortunately I don't have a lot to go on.