Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-29-2014, 09:50 AM   #1

K3 writing to card #2

I took my K3 out yesterday and noticed it was writing all the pictures to the card in the #2 slot. When I went into the menu the only options were
A) write to the card in #2 slot
B) alternate cards for each shot (which did seem to speed up the writing time)
C) RAW in slot #1 and .jpg in slot #2
Is this something new for firmware 1.03 or am I missing something? Before I updated the firmware I always wrote to card #1 until it was full and then it would write to card #2.

03-29-2014, 09:58 AM   #2
Veteran Member

I just updated firmware, and haven't seen that issue. Have you swapped card 2 and card 1 to see if maybe it is a card issue? (corrupt card)
03-29-2014, 10:34 AM   #3
BWG

Original Poster
When I set it to write on alternate cards, it wrote to both of them so I don't think the card in slot #1 is corrupt, but I'm going out later today so I'll give it a try. Thanks.
03-29-2014, 11:35 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Check Adam's k-3 review. He reported a bug where taking out one card forced the camera to write to the other card even after the original was replaced.

Do not remember all the details and on my phone so cannot post the link.

03-29-2014, 11:39 AM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
There is no option to select a primary card slot for some reason. You have to take out the other card and power cycle the camera in order to force it to write to the remaining card. I'm not sure why the option hasn't been added yet, and I can only conclude that it's either an oversight or a hack to allow the flucard to work properly.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

03-30-2014, 10:31 AM   #6
BWG

Original Poster
I asked the Pentax rep (Don Flaten) yesterday in San Jose. He had no idea and gave me a name and number of a Pentax guru in Denver. I'll call him next week.