Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-30-2014, 04:36 PM   #1

k100d

My camera will not turn on - it only shows a flashing battery on the display. I have changed batteries, and cleaned the contacts. Any other suggestions?

03-30-2014, 05:58 PM   #2
Pentaxian

It's sensitive to battery quality - are you sure the batteries you changed to are good enough? After a while (a few years), my nimh batteries behave that way, even though the charger shows them to be fully charged. Nothing to do but replace them. If it won't work with fresh lithium AAs then I wouldn't know what to do.
03-30-2014, 07:13 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Rechargeable batteries won't last forever, they can only be recharged so many times. Slowly, their capacity starts to dwindle, especially if they're a low capacity/cheap brand to begin with.

If you have any other rechargeable or any non-rechargeable batteries laying around, give those a try.

And may I suggest Sanyo Eneloops rechargeable batteries if you're looking for new ones- worked great with my istD, K-x, K-30 and my flashes.
03-31-2014, 01:07 PM   #4
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mimaf Quote
My camera will not turn on - it only shows a flashing battery on the display. I have changed batteries, and cleaned the contacts. Any other suggestions?
The problem and solution is explained in this thread:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/6-pentax-dslr-discussion/13335-ist-dl-batteries.html