Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-03-2014, 02:30 AM   #1

How to shoot video with a K20D?

Hi everyone,

Since I got my Pentax K20D, I haven't got to shoot a video, can anyone help me?? I see there is a burst mode, which takes about 21 photos/ second, but is that all? Is that how videos with my pentax are shot?

I really need you help with this, because I'm working on an important project for university and I need to find how to record videos with my pentax, because I knew from the start that it can record videos, unlike the Nikon D3000 that I was about to buy, however if it's only the burst mode, then I'd be very disappointed

Thank you very much.

Ibtissam.

04-03-2014, 02:33 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The K20D doesn't have a video mode. Sorry! The first Pentax DSLRs to be able to shoot video were the K-x and K-7.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

04-03-2014, 02:44 AM   #3

Original Poster
Oh man! I didn't know that

Thanks very much anyway, now I can stop looking for how to shoot videos with my pentax, because I was going crazy not finding out how!

Thank you Adam.

Best regards.

Ibtissam.
04-03-2014, 03:53 AM - 1 Like   #4
Pentaxian

There's some really attractive specials on the K-500 and K-50 atm if you're in the right country..

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/94-pentax-price-watch/256513-pentax-k-500...gift-card.html

04-03-2014, 09:01 AM - 1 Like   #5
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If you would like to shoot decent DSLR video you could buy a Pentax K-01 on Ebay for about $200.
04-05-2014, 07:16 AM   #6

Original Poster
Thank you very much guys, but I have just bought my Pentax, I'll use it for a while, especially to learn more about photography and then, while making some more money, I'll go for another one, a K-01 maybe, but I don't know if it can be shipped here to Morocco.

I'll try anyway

Thank you all very much, I'll display some of my photos later on I hope you'll like them.

Ibtissam.