Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-04-2014, 01:39 PM - 1 Like   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
K-r Crazy Shutter

I picked up a K-R with 14,000 actuations. Sometimes it randomly has what I call crazy shutter. sometimes the shutter just starts moving at the high-speed framerate, but it's not taking any pictures. It's also not sustained and comes in and out. I reset the settings and updated the firmware from version 1.0 to the most recent 1.15. It's less frequent but still happens. Also, I've noticed it happens more in AV mode than other modes (but can happen in any mode). Has anyone experienced this? Is there an easy fix?

04-04-2014, 01:42 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Um, I think it might be related to the battery. Maybe you can try another one?
04-04-2014, 02:10 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Check out the forum threads on "mirror flopping". Are you by any chance experiencing this with a M42 lens??
04-04-2014, 02:25 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I'll try some AA batteries when I get home. I ordered a new battery, but it hasn't arrived yet.

It's happened with the kit DA 18-55, SMC-M 50mm 1:1.4, and Olympus OM 28mm f2.8. This camera was behaving this way before I mounted the Adaptist PK+MM mount.

---------- Post added 04-04-14 at 02:26 PM ----------

Oh, and once in a long while the mirror does not go all the way back down (only about 85% of the way) until I unmount the lens.

04-04-2014, 04:07 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I tried the holding the aperture trick and removing the battery. The first time, it did not work. The second time, it seems to have. Everything on the aperture linkage assembly appears to be correct, based on photos in the other threads. Thank you very much for the links. Hopefully, the camera will be okay.
05-05-2014, 12:48 PM   #6

QuoteOriginally posted by K David Quote
I picked up a K-R with 14,000 actuations. Sometimes it randomly has what I call crazy shutter. sometimes the shutter just starts moving at the high-speed framerate, but it's not taking any pictures. It's also not sustained and comes in and out. I reset the settings and updated the firmware from version 1.0 to the most recent 1.15. It's less frequent but still happens. Also, I've noticed it happens more in AV mode than other modes (but can happen in any mode). Has anyone experienced this? Is there an easy fix?
I have a similar problem but apparently more serious because my shutter is completely blocked, k-r 2 years and 4 months old; I don't know what to do.

Franco
10-27-2014, 12:56 PM   #7

I am having this same "crazy shutter"same problem with my K-r whether I use the stock 18-55 mm lens or the 55-300 mm zoom lens. After taking 3-4 of pictures the back screen goes blank (no picture settings showing) and the shutter goes into high speed frame rate without taking pictures. I have found that if I push the LV button to put picture view on the back screen the shutter continues in high speed rate for a few more seconds and then the screen all of a sudden goes into live view and I can then take pictures again. Any suggestions?
10-27-2014, 01:29 PM   #8
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rfouts51 Quote
I am having this same "crazy shutter"same problem with my K-r whether I use the stock 18-55 mm lens or the 55-300 mm zoom lens. After taking 3-4 of pictures the back screen goes blank (no picture settings showing) and the shutter goes into high speed frame rate without taking pictures. I have found that if I push the LV button to put picture view on the back screen the shutter continues in high speed rate for a few more seconds and then the screen all of a sudden goes into live view and I can then take pictures again. Any suggestions?
Start saving for a replacement camera? This is repairable, but the cost is close to that of a new K-50 body.

Steve