Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-13-2014, 11:25 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
K-x Eyepiece/Viewfinder Replacement

I gave my K-x to a friend a few months back, and now it developed that misty, murky Eyepiece/Viewfinder problem. From some thread I bumped into, it seems the only cure is replacing it. Anyone know where exactly I can buy this thing?

04-13-2014, 01:12 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Assuming you been keeping silica gel in with your camera, I'm guessing it's just residue, and not moisture? If so, it probably doesn't need to be replaced, just sent off to a Pentax center to be cleaned...
04-13-2014, 03:23 PM - 1 Like   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Here is the post with the info, Only change from the istd is the outer frame is held on by 2 screws under it. You have to remove the back to remove them, there is a flat cable
to the back that is plugged on to the main board, it will just pop off and just press it back on afterwards.
Sequence is remove bottom, lift off top then remove back. Use a small screwdriver to take out the old lens and press in the new one no need to remove
the assembly. The small tabs on the side go down .
Same part# for all the cams , 0076570-L7

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/114-maintenance-repair-articles/102950-is...placement.html