Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-18-2014, 09:46 AM   #16

Original Poster
PPPPPP42: I've just checked and none of my prime lenses are 'A' lenses unfortunately but either way I don't mind the green button metering method the M42 lenses also seem to complicated for me as a beginner so for now I shall stick with simple K mount lenses haha :P I've also spent the morning looking at tripods and monopods, and needless to see I am unable to find much that will fit inside my camera bag, rather than strap to the outside as I worry this could cause difficulties getting it through airport customs (I'm trying to restrict the possibilities of complications at the airport as its my first time flying alone); so for now I shall try to stick with handheld photography and I'll certainly look into which museums allow photography! Thanks for the heads up

Paleo Pete: I'm about to try out my 200mm prime on my extension tubes to see what the results are like on high detailed subjects, as I don't have a 135mm to play around with. Like you I'd preferably like to shoot handheld macro, and my current gear I'm thinking of taking to Chicago is my K-r, 28mm prime, 50mm prime, my two zoom lenses, my extension tubes, a 49mm reverse ring, the Metz 44 AF-1 flashgun with a diffuser, The D-BH109 battery adapter and probably a lens and sensor cleaning kit. (I haven't bought the reverse ring, battery adaptor and Metz flashgun with diffuser yet, but I'm certain that I'm going to purchase them within the next few weeks. Any thoughts on this list of equipment? Depending on how much space I have left I may fit my 200mm prime in too, but I doubt I would use it unless I have a lack of plans for some days.

Could Anyone also tell me what size lens cases I would need for my smc Pentax- M 1:1.7 50mm prime lens, my smc Pentax - DA L 1:3.5-5.6 18-55mm AL zoom lens and my smc Pentax - DA L 1:4-5.6 50-200mm ED zoom lens and where I could purchase them please? I prefer the hard tube cases but feel that they're difficult to get hold of, so a soft case would do Thanks Guys!