Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-19-2014, 11:25 AM   #1
New Member




Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 6
Sending camera for cleaning?

Hi Everyone - I hope someone can help me with this - I need the sensors cleaned on both my K5 & K10. I live in small town BC Canada. Any idea where could I send these for cleaning? Yes I've cleaned both as much as I trust myself to do & also there has been moisture on the K10 sensor.

Appreciate any help.

---------- Post added 04-19-14 at 11:49 AM ----------

Sorry, need to correct myself - It's a K10D that I have - not that it makes any difference. :-)

04-19-2014, 12:08 PM   #2
Pentaxian
Na Horuk's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Slovenia, probably
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 10,315
It might be worth to go to big photography stores in a nearby city and just ask them. A lot of them offer this service, but they don't really advertise it.
04-20-2014, 08:59 AM   #3
Pentaxian
pete-tarmigan's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Conception Bay South, New-fun-land
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 943
QuoteOriginally posted by Augustine Quote
Hi Everyone - I hope someone can help me with this - I need the sensors cleaned on both my K5 & K10. I live in small town BC Canada. Any idea where could I send these for cleaning? Yes I've cleaned both as much as I trust myself to do & also there has been moisture on the K10 sensor.

Appreciate any help.

---------- Post added 04-19-14 at 11:49 AM ----------

Sorry, need to correct myself - It's a K10D that I have - not that it makes any difference. :-)
You might try Camtex in Vancouver (Camtex Camera Service). I plan to send a pair of binoculars to them, but I haven't used them yet. I found them because I was looking for a shop to get some Minolta Mariner binoculars fixed. Camtex is the only place in all of Canada that has the equipment to purge weather-sealed binoculars with nitrogen and reseal them. They accept equipment delivered by mail or courier, and accept payment over the phone by credit card.
04-20-2014, 10:11 PM   #4
New Member




Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 6
Original Poster
Thanks Na Horuk - I did try a couple of stores in the larger centre close to where I live but not much help :-( Thanks pete-tarmigan - I'll check Camtex out.

05-03-2014, 02:54 PM   #5
New Member




Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 12
QuoteOriginally posted by pete-tarmigan Quote
You might try Camtex in Vancouver (Camtex Camera Service). I plan to send a pair of binoculars to them, but I haven't used them yet. I found them because I was looking for a shop to get some Minolta Mariner binoculars fixed. Camtex is the only place in all of Canada that has the equipment to purge weather-sealed binoculars with nitrogen and reseal them. They accept equipment delivered by mail or courier, and accept payment over the phone by credit card.
Did you try Camtex? I live near them and need my K30 sensor cleaned but not tried this place
05-06-2014, 04:28 PM   #6
New Member




Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 6
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by EastVanBear Quote
Did you try Camtex? I live near them and need my K30 sensor cleaned but not tried this place
Hi EastVanBear - No haven't had a chance to send it out yet. Sometimes I just have way to many things on the go :-(
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
k10, pentax help
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sending My K5 in for Focus Screen Repair Sliver-Surfer Pentax K-5 5 03-29-2014 05:24 PM
Sending body for AF adjust? PBandJ Pentax K-01 5 12-05-2013 09:47 PM
(need advice) About sending camera to Japan fearview Photographic Technique 2 04-29-2009 08:45 PM
Anyone have experience sending a camera back to Pentax? Slowpoke Rodriguez Photographic Technique 19 01-19-2009 12:11 PM
Canadians: sending your camera in for service? Gadget_Guy Photographic Technique 5 05-01-2008 06:20 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:10 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top