Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-19-2014, 11:25 AM   #1

Sending camera for cleaning?

Hi Everyone - I hope someone can help me with this - I need the sensors cleaned on both my K5 & K10. I live in small town BC Canada. Any idea where could I send these for cleaning? Yes I've cleaned both as much as I trust myself to do & also there has been moisture on the K10 sensor.

Appreciate any help.

---------- Post added 04-19-14 at 11:49 AM ----------

Sorry, need to correct myself - It's a K10D that I have - not that it makes any difference. :-)

04-19-2014, 12:08 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It might be worth to go to big photography stores in a nearby city and just ask them. A lot of them offer this service, but they don't really advertise it.
04-20-2014, 08:59 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Augustine Quote
Hi Everyone - I hope someone can help me with this - I need the sensors cleaned on both my K5 & K10. I live in small town BC Canada. Any idea where could I send these for cleaning? Yes I've cleaned both as much as I trust myself to do & also there has been moisture on the K10 sensor.

Appreciate any help.

---------- Post added 04-19-14 at 11:49 AM ----------

Sorry, need to correct myself - It's a K10D that I have - not that it makes any difference. :-)
You might try Camtex in Vancouver (Camtex Camera Service). I plan to send a pair of binoculars to them, but I haven't used them yet. I found them because I was looking for a shop to get some Minolta Mariner binoculars fixed. Camtex is the only place in all of Canada that has the equipment to purge weather-sealed binoculars with nitrogen and reseal them. They accept equipment delivered by mail or courier, and accept payment over the phone by credit card.
04-20-2014, 10:11 PM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks Na Horuk - I did try a couple of stores in the larger centre close to where I live but not much help :-( Thanks pete-tarmigan - I'll check Camtex out.

05-03-2014, 02:54 PM   #5

QuoteOriginally posted by pete-tarmigan Quote
You might try Camtex in Vancouver (Camtex Camera Service). I plan to send a pair of binoculars to them, but I haven't used them yet. I found them because I was looking for a shop to get some Minolta Mariner binoculars fixed. Camtex is the only place in all of Canada that has the equipment to purge weather-sealed binoculars with nitrogen and reseal them. They accept equipment delivered by mail or courier, and accept payment over the phone by credit card.
Did you try Camtex? I live near them and need my K30 sensor cleaned but not tried this place
05-06-2014, 04:28 PM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by EastVanBear Quote
Did you try Camtex? I live near them and need my K30 sensor cleaned but not tried this place
Hi EastVanBear - No haven't had a chance to send it out yet. Sometimes I just have way to many things on the go :-(