Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-20-2014, 03:48 AM   #1
Site Supporter

K7 Mechanical Noise

I was out early this morning with my new (to me) K7 and was shooting Raw + Jpeg with the 3 shot bracket option on, take the first 3 shot group, and immediately shoot again, then it pauses briefly after the second exposure before it finally take the third exposure of the second group. I figure that's the 5 shot raw burst it can take so that's probably OK.

But I was out in the country and it was very quiet so I could hear what sounded like a motor starting up or perhaps a fan after the 4th/5th shot. Is this normal ?

I read somewhere that the sensor can overheat when shooting video, which I never do, but does it overheat in burst mode too ?

Thanks in advance.

CD

04-20-2014, 05:01 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Only one thing I can think of. Pretty common, the Image Stabilization i sbuilt into the camera, and sometimes when you tilt it just right it will clunk around, pretty surprising the first few times even if you know what it is. Check this thread and see if it might be the same thing

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/120-general-technical-troubleshooting/941...ntax-dslr.html