Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-25-2014, 05:33 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Focal lenght set up for analog zooms

Hello
I've purchased a PENTAZ A 35-105 f3.5 lens. Mounting it on my K3 it asks me to indicate the focal length of the lens. What's the suggested/best length shoud I provide ?

Thanks for help in advance.
Max

04-25-2014, 05:42 AM   #2

This is for the K-30 but it should hold true for the K-3. Using K-30 With Older Lenses | Ricoh Imaging Support
The last paragraph reads:
"The Input Focal Length screen will appear. Use the rear e-dial to select a focal length which is closest to the focal length of the lens you are using. If you are using a zoom lens, choose a focal length close to the midpoint of the zoom range of the camera. Press the OK button when you have made a selection."

Regards
04-25-2014, 09:49 AM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MaxCoFoto Quote
Hello
I've purchased a PENTAZ A 35-105 f3.5 lens. Mounting it on my K3 it asks me to indicate the focal length of the lens. What's the suggested/best length shoud I provide ?

Thanks for help in advance.
Max
You'll get the best results if you enter the focal length you'll be using most. You can always change the focal length setting later via the menu.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: