Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-05-2014, 07:30 AM   #31
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pres589 Quote
I wonder if someone took it apart to clean it, messed it up, and gave up on it.
Very likely. It is also possible that they crazed one or more of the internal elements in the process of attempting to clean. Your examples look very similar to images I got from a Super Tak 28/3.5 that had visible scratches on the internal elements. It is also highly likely that one of the elements is missing or placed backward.

Steve

12-15-2015, 10:51 PM   #32
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
So I thought I'd bring this thread back up to show off a shot I took with this lens earlier this evening. I've come to like to focal length that this lens provides and how it looks on APS-C. Now and then I seem able to pull some interesting pictures from it but I still have a lot of learning to do. Here's a night shot taken at f11, ISO 100, with a 6 second exposure time;

There's a bit of post-processing with Photoshop Elements here but nothing extreme, mostly just a bit of lightening up.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
bit, camera, focus, fullsize, kalt, lens, lenses, old manual lens, pentax, pentax help, shot, steve, vivitar