Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-04-2014, 10:17 AM   #1

WG-10 Battery cover opened in water

the 1st time I used this camera under water the battery cover came open with in a few minutes. I took it out of water took out the battery and sd card. I put it in a bag with desiccant and have changed it several time in the last 2 weeks. I charged the battery and put in camera with sd card. a light comes on were it says adventure proof and the light come on around the lense. then a few of the light went out around the lense. Nothing happens when I turn it on. The screen doesn't even do any thing. Can anyone help me get it working?

05-04-2014, 11:04 AM   #2
Veteran Member

It it's been 2 weeks, you might be out of luck at this point, sorry to say. You did the right thing by pulling the card and battery right away.

If this was in salt water, the salt could still be holding onto some moisture and shorting the circuitry. In that case I would definitely take the battery and SD card out now, re-immerse the whole camera in fresh water for a few hours with all the covers open, and then start over drying the camera. Plain water generally won't cause long-term damage (since circuit components are often washed at some point in their manufacture anyhow).

Good luck.