Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-06-2014, 07:54 PM   #1

crazy shutter behavior

After enjoying my k10 for a couple of years I decided to try some new things with the help of the manual. I had also refreshed the battery charge today. Unfortunately the camera has gone mad and the shutter keeps clicking, this happens no matter which button I touch or even when I tilt the body holding only the frame. I took the battery out and replaced, this fixed it for two frames and then it started again. Thoughts?

05-06-2014, 08:49 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
It might be the battery is now old and can't supply the correct minimum voltage...
Can you try another battery?
05-06-2014, 09:25 PM   #3

Original Poster
thank you for that thought. i did switch to the back up battery which was just charged as well, but, they are both about the same age / use to date so I will borrow one tomorrow and see if that might be it.
05-06-2014, 11:26 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Fingers crossed.

05-07-2014, 03:54 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Not to want to put a real scare into you, but my *istD did this when it got swamped in a kayak until I dried it out thoroughly.

If we follow the battery issue , what does the battery indication do whine this behaviour is taking place?
05-07-2014, 05:48 AM   #6

Original Poster
the battery actually shows full. mmmmm. i haven't been very damp though a couple of days ago i was shooting in a light rain without the camera 'raincoat' with me i had a plastic bag over the lens. it is possible it may have gotten some moisture. thank you for your feedback.
05-09-2014, 04:35 AM   #7

Hi, Very likely to be batteries. My K200 did a similar thing with the shutter when I used rechargeable batteries, sometimes they were tired sometimes not, usually showed a full battery symbol. The only way to stop it was to take the batteries out. I only use Lithium now.
05-11-2014, 08:22 AM   #8

Original Poster
thank you each for your thoughts, for equally unknown reasons to its crazy behavior, a buddy fixed it. He has no idea what he did other than in menu checking shutter speed, going into a second level screen and suddenly it stopped. mmmmmm. hopefully never to return! but, if it does I think I will just treat it to a nice new battery!