Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-08-2014, 10:06 AM   #1

Pentax Asahi Me

I need help, I just purchased a pentax asahi me and it all works great but the metering light just stays red, isnt it suppose to turn green when im in the right shutter speed? I just put in fijifilm ISO 200 and ive been wondering whats going on with the metering. Please help!!!!

05-08-2014, 10:41 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I believe the ME is a semi-automatic, aperture-priority camera. It selects the shutter speed for you, shown by the red LEDs in the viewfinder. I don't think there are any green LEDs.
05-08-2014, 10:47 AM   #3

Photos: Albums
I'll ask some questions that may seem rudimentary, but always look at the simple things first. Is the battery good? Since it's an older camera, are the battery contacts clean? Did you remember to set the film ASA selector to 200?

BTW: You can get a PDF of the user manual here.
05-08-2014, 11:27 AM   #4
Pentaxian

I think Paul is right. It is an aperture priority camera, that's the only thing I didn't like about it, (didn't have manual or shutter speed control) but I can't remember if it had any green LEDs. The ones that are there should show you what shutter speed it's using. Good camera but I liked the ME Super better, it did have manual mode...

And yeah, do check the things Tom mentioned. I always put new batteries in any of my used cameras, and a couple needed a bit of contact cleaning. A pencil eraser will do pretty well.

05-08-2014, 11:57 AM   #5
Site Supporter

The LED's only shows the shutterspeed according to the aperture you have chosen - a red LED. It will not turn green!
05-18-2014, 12:25 PM   #6

Ebay

Get in on ebay.
05-18-2014, 08:58 PM   #7
Veteran Member

As said above, there are only red LEDs

On the righthand side of the viewfinder you should see a column of numbers ranging from 1000 at the top, to 8? at the bottom (can't remember)

These represent shutter speeds, the LED will light up next to whatever speed the camera feels is correct for the current light levels, and aperture setting.

If you look through the viewfinder as the light changes (ie: you point at sunshine, then shade) you should see the red LED travel down, representing a slower shutter speed.
05-19-2014, 08:22 PM - 1 Like   #8
Site Supporter

Perhaps a link to the camera manual might be in order?

Pentax ME instruction manual, user manual, PDF manual, free manuals

Steve