Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-09-2014, 05:28 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Odd artefacts and strange blurring with K3

Ok, I was out taking some pictures with my K3 and while reviewing them I noticed on some of them odd lines appearing randomly. At first I thought they were rain drops until I saw a few going horizontally instead of vertically and at this shutter speed rain drops shouldn't "trail" as much. And it also, wasn't raining... And I'm also positive it is not spider webs. See the first three pictures.

Also, some shots are showing some very strange "doubling" (see forth picture).

It isn't the first time I saw some "doubling" with the K3 (on ~1000 clicks) and usually just discarded the pictures. But this time I thought I'd ask. I got some with various lenses (DA* 50-135, DA 18-135, Sigma 35 (A), Sigma 17-70), in various conditions, at varying aperture and shutter speed. It also happened with Shake Reduction ON and OFF. And with NO AA filter sim. and no in camera correction. Happened either in P mode or Manual.

I've picked up pictures where the stuff is most visible but on many others, when zoomed in a bit, more lines show up.

Any ideas?

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
05-09-2014, 05:54 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The white lines are spiderwebs I think.

In the last pic the branch was probably shaking.
05-09-2014, 07:40 PM   #3
Pentaxian

I agree, webs.
05-09-2014, 09:23 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
try shooting at other subjects?

05-13-2014, 07:32 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
The blurring looks like something in the way the lens renders bokeh. It could also be jelly effect if the camera was tracking the central subject and the branch moved.