Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-10-2014, 08:50 PM   #16

Original Poster
OK so I have tried as much as I know. I have used all modes on the dial of the camera. tried all file formats jpg,dng,pef..etc. As for the reset i did the reset that is listed in the camera menu a few times. i have tried every lens that I own. I did manage to get the LCD to show an image after setting the camera to bulb and holding the shutter open for a bit. this causes the white screen to go away and i will see some raindow effects on the LCD. these will also show up in the images as well. Going to call B&H in the morning to see about an exchange.

05-11-2014, 07:56 PM   #17

Photos: Albums
before you send it back why don't you do the update first to see what happens and let everyone know how that goes. the software just might be bad in the camera . and try some different lens . try a manual lens. I just got a k3 the other day and my battery to 8 hours or more to charge it the first time . you may have took the battery out of the charger before the green light went off.For me it seemed like it took for ever for it to charge the first time and the green light to go off . I keep watching for it to go off so I could try out my new camera , I almost took it off the charger after 8 hours but I waited . put the battery back on the charger and see how long it takes for the green light to go off .

Last edited by pentaxk10duser; 05-11-2014 at 08:06 PM.
05-18-2014, 06:10 AM   #18

Original Poster
got a replacement camera Friday, works much better then the previous one. B&H did a wonderful job getting me taken care of. Now just to get use to this beast after moving on from my K-X. Thanks for all the suggestions to help me fix the camera.
05-04-2015, 12:26 PM   #19

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by imdunn513 Quote
So I got my K-3 today and here is what the images look like. Anyone seen this before. I am thinking that I received a bad camera.
You know Its really a very nice looking photo .