Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-11-2014, 09:37 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Fine Tune Focus

I recently purchased an FA* 80-200 and believe that I need to fine tune the focus so that it better fits my K-5. I am acquainted with the menus well enough to know exactly where and how to fine tune the focus. I simply do not know of a good technique. In my searching, I came across the following on Youtube which appears to be an interesting and promising technique (
). However, it appears as though it's specifics are for Nikon and Canon cameras. While the general steps may get me close, does anyone know if this is a good process to use for fine tuning a Pentax? I primarily ask because my K-5 tuning variance is only from -10 to +10 while the examples in the video range from -20 to +20. This is a problem because when I follow the steps in the video, it appears as though I need to move BEYOND +10 on m K-5. This of course is impossible since the K-5 software will not allow. So I need to know your thoughts. I'd really like to get this lens' focus as sharp as possible. It's too worthy of a lens to have it miss the mark because the focus is a little off. Thanks!

05-11-2014, 10:50 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
you might want to check this out

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/6-pentax-dslr-discussion/33853-charts-aut...ed-pentax.html

theres a link in post #5 to download the pentax approved charts. i know it might not be spot on but it might get you close enough. otherwise send it in for proper calibration
05-11-2014, 11:18 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I use this:

LensAlign

But you may also be able to use just their FocusTune software now, if you prefer.