Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-12-2014, 06:02 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
missing wide angle diffuser on WR flash

Somewhere along the line, the wide angle diffuser has disappeared from my 360 WR flash. Does anyone know if they're easy to replace if I happen to find it? Or should I just pick up one that snaps over the front of the flash and call it a day?

05-21-2014, 09:19 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Original Poster
*bump* Anyone?
05-21-2014, 09:39 AM   #3
Veteran Member

I have been looking for a stofen like diffuser for the new 360 WR flash since the beginning of the year, but so far unsuccessful. However, after using the flash for a while, I simply use bounce flash while keep the front LED on in the flash setting (which acts as a catch light -also missing from flash design); it works out pretty good. So now I have no need for a diffuser any more.

By the way, I like the new design, more compact and dials are easier to turn compare to the old ones; and the LED is superb for video as well.

Last edited by aleonx3; 05-21-2014 at 09:42 AM. Reason: more preference on the new design
05-22-2014, 05:48 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Until you can find one, if you can, get a cash register receipt from a store. Fold it to fit the flash and it makes a very good diffuser. Remember the printed side is heat sensitive, so it will turn black in about a half dozen shots. Keep the other side facing the flash and it will last all week or longer. Usually until I lose it...I use them on the built in flash units, folded into a small envelope, for a hot shoe flash you may be able to keep it in place with a rubber band.

05-22-2014, 07:18 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Sorry, I'm not talking about a built-in bounce card. The 360 version doesn't have one. I'm talking about the clear plastic piece that flips down and covers the flash lens so that it can illuminate photos wider than 24mm (or whatever the limit is).