Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-16-2014, 03:06 PM   #1

accidentally moving rewing knob

After taking a picture with my pentax k1000 i accidentally moved the rewing knob to a different direction but moved it back to about where it was, how does it affect the picure after and before, does it ruin the film?

05-16-2014, 03:22 PM   #2
Veteran Member

It should be fine.
The film is held tightly at the pressure plate, and also on the takeup spool end.

The only problem that could occur is if you wind the film against the arrow it may crease the film inside the canister, but to do that you'd have to really force it around (like, wind it backwards multiple times)

The other potential issue is if you turn it with the arrow it may tear the film, or at least the sprocket holes. But again, that's only a risk if you REALLY force it.

Basically, if you didn't force the thing around multiple times, or really hard, you'll be fine.
I generally give it a little wind (with the arrow) after winding on the film to take up slack, it also helps me feel that the film is definitely wound on.