Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
05-20-2014, 06:43 PM   #16

QuoteOriginally posted by Nakedgun Quote
I'm with you on that!
I still have my 8-track recorder/player. So I can download the latest songs and dub them to 8 track.

05-20-2014, 08:46 PM - 1 Like   #17

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by wetigers Quote
Theres only one local place where I live to develop my film and its quite far, only place is Walgreens? Is that a good place, or should I drive to the farther place? Ive heard its better to go local.

I have a Walgreens a block from the house; they never were very impressive being a Fuji machine manned by high schoolers with a manual. That being said, the machines developed the film which is pretty bulletproof IF the machine is working correctly. Printing is another matter. Most 'machine prints' are generic with little correction but the automatic functions of the machine themselves may or may not be what you want. Generally, they are ok but there's folks who prefer to do their own printing because they have more control over the finished product. Think art. For most of us this is perfectly adequate.

I choose NOT to use Walgreens because they are going to a central processing facility (sending it out) and you DON'T get the negatives back, only prints and prints on CD. No way jose!

I have a local guy, has the Fuji machines of course, only does color but he's an old time camera guy who also does studio work and a lot of other stuff so when he prints stuff, he does make small corrections. He can also do prints and if you tell him what you're looking for, he can do that too. There's places that do pretty efficient mail order, drop the cassette into a mailer and in a few days you have your stuff back.