Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-22-2014, 02:42 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
K-x + Tamron focusing issues

Hi.
I have a K-x with Tamron 24-135.
Lately there are occasional focusing issues in day time. It takes time for proper focusing, and sometimes I just have to move the camera to a different spot (while holding the shutter button) just to be able to focus (it's set to central point focusing).
I don't have the right tool to clean the sensor. Dust removing feature doesn't help.
Any thoughts about it?
Thanks.

05-22-2014, 02:53 AM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This isn't a dust problem. Dust on your sensor wouldn't cause you not to be able to focus properly. Did you try a different focusing point, say spot? Maybe if you uploaded a photo of what you consider the problem we could help easier. I have a K-x also with sensor dust and still am able to use my camera in AF mode, and have no problems focusing with it. Could be a lens problem though, I can't see how.
05-22-2014, 10:03 PM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
by "spot" you mean focusing in the center? this is the only type of focusing that I use.
I don't have a photo to show, because the camera is set to shoot when focused.
i can aim at some object/scene, half-press the shutter button, and not get a focus, so i have to move sideways from that point (while holding the button) until the camera beeps (focus obtained).
and this happens every once in a while...
05-23-2014, 11:55 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What are you focusing on. The camera needs an edge or contrast to work. It can't reliably focus on a n absolutely flat ( no contrast) surface.

Also what light, indoor, outdoor etc.

Last question, on the wid e angle or tele setting of your lens

As for the shutter not firing, set the camera to AF-C and in the menu make sure there is not a. Setting requiring focus indication to release

05-23-2014, 12:52 PM   #5
Forum Member

Have you tried cleaning your lens and camera contacts?
05-24-2014, 02:12 AM   #6
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
What are you focusing on. The camera needs an edge or contrast to work. It can't reliably focus on a n absolutely flat ( no contrast) surface.

Also what light, indoor, outdoor etc.

Last question, on the wid e angle or tele setting of your lens

As for the shutter not firing, set the camera to AF-C and in the menu make sure there is not a. Setting requiring focus indication to release
I don't remember any particular scene that it happened. It happens outdoor in daylight, and there is definetly a enough contrast to focus on.
I don't use AF-C, because i want single focusing. Also, I don't want the camera to shoot with no focus.

---------- Post added 05-24-14 at 12:13 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by drei3 Quote
Have you tried cleaning your lens and camera contacts?
How should I clean the contacts? With alcohol or something?
05-24-2014, 04:37 AM   #7
Forum Member

Rubbing alcohol on a q-tip should suffice