Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-23-2014, 10:38 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Help me understand some settings on K3 Please

Could somone help me please with some advice on K3 settings,

I want to no if certain settings should be enabled or not, and mabey someone could expand on what they actually do within the K3.

1.Within Dynamic range settings num 2 on menue should (Highlight correction be set to on or off ), also ( Shadow correction on or of,) advice please

2.in ithe movie section within menue num 1 Exposure setting is set to P is this the best setting for the video.

3.Custom menue number 1/4 ( AE-L withAF Locked ) yes or no (I have on

5 Custom Menue num 1/5 ( Link AE and AF Point ) yes or no ( I have on

6 Custom menue num 2 /10 White balance ajustable range ( Fixed or Auto ) I have on Auto

If someone could advise me of the above settings and what the use and why all my other settings are ok I think?? as they seem straight forward,
I would much appreciate if someone with experience could advice
Thanks in advance
Tom G

05-23-2014, 05:55 PM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tom777 Quote
Could somone help me please with some advice on K3 settings,

I want to no if certain settings should be enabled or not, and mabey someone could expand on what they actually do within the K3.

1.Within Dynamic range settings num 2 on menue should (Highlight correction be set to on or off ), also ( Shadow correction on or of,) advice please

2.in ithe movie section within menue num 1 Exposure setting is set to P is this the best setting for the video.

3.Custom menue number 1/4 ( AE-L withAF Locked ) yes or no (I have on

5 Custom Menue num 1/5 ( Link AE and AF Point ) yes or no ( I have on

6 Custom menue num 2 /10 White balance ajustable range ( Fixed or Auto ) I have on Auto

If someone could advise me of the above settings and what the use and why all my other settings are ok I think?? as they seem straight forward,
I would much appreciate if someone with experience could advice
Thanks in advance
Tom G
Hi Tom,
1. Highlight and shadow correction can be set to on if you going to shoot just jpegs. If you shoot RAW files you can deal with these in post (within reason). Turning these on may lead to some processing time between shots if you have a slower sd card.
2. P may work fine. HOwever, I prefer the Av mode so I have control over depth of field.
3. For me On works
5. I lhave them linked
6. Auto works for me
05-24-2014, 05:39 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mccarvindh Quote
Hi Tom,
1. Highlight and shadow correction can be set to on if you going to shoot just jpegs. If you shoot RAW files you can deal with these in post (within reason). Turning these on may lead to some processing time between shots if you have a slower sd card.
2. P may work fine. HOwever, I prefer the Av mode so I have control over depth of field.
3. For me On works
5. I lhave them linked
6. Auto works for me
Hi Mccarvindh
Thanks for the answers it is what I thought
Tom G