Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-18-2014, 02:51 AM   #1
Forum Member

eyefi card to remote view or only flu card?

can you use an eyefi card to remote view with the k3 or only a flu card?

Thanks

06-18-2014, 03:00 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Only the Pentax FluCard.
06-18-2014, 04:10 AM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
Booooooo
06-18-2014, 09:47 PM   #4
Veteran Member

It's alright I still get great use out of my eye-fi on my k-50 over 3000 pics uploaded in the last month

06-18-2014, 11:42 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I don't see why you can't use a eyefi with a k3 contact eyfi help they are very helpful and respond very quickly
06-18-2014, 11:58 PM   #6
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by adwb Quote
I don't see why you can't use a eyefi with a k3 contact eyfi help they are very helpful and respond very quickly
I often find myself trying to take shots where it's difficult to get behind my camera - ie close to the ground or squashed up behind my camera and a brick wall or something. To me the live view function at 5m range is pretty sweet and gives you better than swivel LCD equivalence available on Canikon if you don't care about a bit of lag (0.3s).

I have neither right now. I'm just trying to evaluate purchasing decisions and I think I'd pay the extra for the FLU capability if that's the only way to get live tethering.
06-19-2014, 12:47 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
ok neither will give you instant images on your pc or ipad there is a lag even if you use canon or nikon to light room with a cable.

if you want to control the camera from your viewing device and use the camera remotely you need the flu card if you just want to capture and store remote either will do.

if you dont mind a cable you may be able to use pctether i'm not sure if it works with a k3
06-19-2014, 05:04 AM   #8
Pentaxian

Sometimes we forget the good old tools.

06-19-2014, 07:43 AM   #9
Forum Member

Original Poster
Oh no - trust me I haven't forgotten about that. I would still like one, as I'd prefer to look through a viewfinder than use an LCD any day. But I imagine that good old tool would set me back about the same or more than a FLU card ($100) and can't be used for composition framing in the deep darks of night.
06-19-2014, 08:00 AM   #10
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Daniel Darko Quote
Oh no - trust me I haven't forgotten about that. I would still like one, as I'd prefer to look through a viewfinder than use an LCD any day. But I imagine that good old tool would set me back about the same or more than a FLU card ($100) and can't be used for composition framing in the deep darks of night.
What ever did we old school guys do in the deep darks of night without an Lcd, flu card and tethering... LOL (kiddingly said)
06-19-2014, 09:12 AM   #11
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
What ever did we old school guys do in the deep darks of night without an Lcd, flu card and tethering
I imagine you took a gazillion shots in the hopes that you'd get one good one, and then go down to the local 1hr fujifilm to see if you were right.

Move with the times grandpa or move out of the way (truly said kiddingly)
06-19-2014, 09:25 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Oh no - trust me I haven't forgotten about that. I would still like one, as I'd prefer to look through a viewfinder than use an LCD any day
I have both. The angle finder was a joy in its day, but the Flucard saves my back. No more bending and twisting into position. It's almost like cheating.

Last edited by OregonJim; 06-19-2014 at 09:31 AM.
06-19-2014, 09:44 AM   #13
Pentaxian

I imagine you took a gazillion shots in the hopes that you'd get one good one, and then go down to the local 1hr fujifilm to see if you were right.

Move with the times grandpa or move out of the way (truly said kiddingly)
We couldn't afford wasting film by taking a gazillion shots so we set up our exposures, looked through the viewfinder or right angle finder and bracketed when necessary. 1hr fujifilm was for snappers we developed and processed our own....

Trust me we are moving with the times but keeping some of the good old tools, tricks and knowledge to go with it.....

Yeah Jim there is that back and knees thing...LOL..... Isn't that what they make monopods for, to help us get back up.
06-19-2014, 10:09 AM   #14
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
Isn't that what they make monopods for, to help us get back up
You're getting confused with your walking stick

I'm hoping one day to get into 6x7 film maybe in a year or so - if just for the experience - maybe then I'll understand. Film processing is a dying artform that one day I would like to be a part of. I just can't justify (or afford) doing 3:2 on film with the convenience of digital at the moment. Soon even 6x7 will be taken completely from film and then nobody will have a "reason" to do it, which makes me sad.
06-19-2014, 11:48 AM   #15
Pentaxian

You're getting confused with your walking stick

I'm hoping one day to get into 6x7 film maybe in a year or so - if just for the experience - maybe then I'll understand. Film processing is a dying artform that one day I would like to be a part of. I just can't justify (or afford) doing 3:2 on film with the convenience of digital at the moment. Soon even 6x7 will be taken completely from film and then nobody will have a "reason" to do it, which makes me sad.
Monopods make a great walking stick...... with an attachment for a camera to boot...

Well if you do then more power to you both medias have their merit and drawbacks.... Just as using a flu card, tethering vs using right angle finder. Everything has it's purpose and is a tool to be used and enjoyed.

Last edited by Oldbayrunner; 06-19-2014 at 02:00 PM.