Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-26-2014, 01:58 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'd advise to get the 18-135 and see how it fits his style - then he'll be able to figure out what he needs next. He's an engineer, he'll love delving into the data about what focal lengths he tends to use more frequently, and look for a prime in that area. OR get something like one of the 100mm macros if he likes insects etc.

If he likes to do some longer shots, the 55-300 is a great pairing with the 18-135.

Plus, this way he can watch the used market. I don't think I'd buy an extensive set of lenses right away, but take some time.

06-27-2014, 05:33 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by TER-OR Quote
I'd advise to get the 18-135 and see how it fits his style - then he'll be able to figure out what he needs next. He's an engineer, he'll love delving into the data about what focal lengths he tends to use more frequently, and look for a prime in that area.
Yeah-- that's a great idea!
07-11-2014, 01:50 PM   #18
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Just wanted to post that we did end up ordering the K-5 iis and 18-135mm. Really looking forward to its arrival!