Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-25-2014, 07:59 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Question about firmware updating

Probably a silly question, but really don't want to kill my new camera. I know the camera must stay on during the update (and therefore needs a fully charged battery). During normal use (taking pictures), the camera (K-50) turns itself off after a minute of non-use. Does the update activity keep the camera on? Or do I need to reset something?

I originally posted this in the thread about the firmware, but it occurred to me I should post in a help section. Here's the link if it's better to keep the answer there. (Sorry about posting twice.)
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/6-pentax-dslr-discussion/250893-pentax-ds...ml#post2859865

06-25-2014, 08:56 AM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Update activity will keep the camera on, that's not a problem. Just make sure the battery is charged fully and take your time and read the instructions. If you need help just ask. it is really, really simple the SECOND time you do it. The first time can be a little scary
06-25-2014, 12:02 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
All I would ask is, is there a good reason for updating.

There often is and if theres a good reason for updating it makes sense to do it.
06-25-2014, 01:45 PM   #4

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
It worked fine. Thanks, both of you. Was a little scary since I wasn't watching the whole time and didn't know if the screen was blank because it was done. (The K-50 turns itself off.)