Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-26-2014, 03:04 PM   #1

Weird happenings when I review pics with my K-5IIs

When I view a picture I just shot, parts of the sky will blink red off and on. I have never seen it do this before, anyone know why it might be doing this? The camera is the Pentax K-5IIs.

06-26-2014, 03:10 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
it just mean that the part is burn is the case of the sky. The sky appear so bright that not enought detail is recorded.
06-26-2014, 03:15 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by aurele Quote
it just mean that the part is burn is the case of the sky. The sky appear so bright that not enought detail is recorded.
Ah I see, I have never had it do that before, I wonder if I have accidentally set something I shouldn't have, I'll have to look at that.

Thanks for your reply
06-26-2014, 03:21 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
My explanation is,

Many cameras have a warning when parts of the image are beginning to overexpose. Its usually red blinking highlights to show you the affected parts.

All it means is the exposure is a little too high and its there so you can be warned and adjust the camera and take another image slightly darker.

The technique recommended is to review the image as you do, then if you see blinking red, look at the histogram, this will show the graph hitting the right hand edge (overexposure).

Then use the exposure compensation to lower the exposure 1 or 2 stops and then take again, or use different metering or manual exposure.

The blinking red areas should now be gone.

It sounds complicated but it isn't. Practice using exposure compensation so when it happens again you will know what to do.

06-26-2014, 03:27 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
on the second tab of the MENU, uncheck the box "Bright/Dark area" then you will not see it when you try to view the picture just taken.
06-26-2014, 10:38 PM   #6

Original Poster
Thanks