Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-26-2014, 01:29 PM   #16

Buy a Pentax AF200T and use that for the time being. They're brilliant flashguns, trigger voltage is safe for digital, but they sell for pennies.

12-14-2014, 08:50 PM   #17

Pentax K-X flash stuck

I have a similar problem as OP. The flash does not prop open upon depressing the switch. I opened the top cover to check inside. The switch is "clicking" and visually appears to be in good condition, free of any dirt or stickiness. The flash hinge-spring assembly is also in good alignment so that is also not the problem. That leaves the solenoid assembly which would latch and unlatch the hook that holds the flash closed. The hook in normal position is close to the electromagnet and thus would need to be pulled away from that electromagnet to release the flash. Based on this information, what do the experts here think?

I am an engineer and am able and comfortable in handling these devices.
12-14-2014, 09:09 PM   #18
Site Supporter

Did you follow the link provided by ruggiex in post No 9?

There is a position switch operated by a cam on one of the flash pivots, the flash won't pop up if the camera already thinks it's up.
12-15-2014, 01:30 PM   #19

And, there is a switch operate by the push pin from seat of external flash to prevent internal flash from popping when an external flash is installed. I think this contact is on the same circuit as the position switch, if I remember them right...

12-15-2014, 02:08 PM   #20
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by twey Quote
And, there is a switch operate by the push pin from seat of external flash to prevent internal flash from popping when an external flash is installed.
So there is, that I didn't know.

QuoteOriginally posted by twey Quote
I think this contact is on the same circuit as the position switch, if I remember them right...
No, separate circuit by the looks of it.

External flash switch on the left (silver) flash position (up/down) on the right (gold).
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-x  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-x  Photo