Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-12-2014, 09:45 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Firmware Update K3

I have successfully updated my K3. Checking through the menu, I am unable to turn on 'Lens Correction' , either by Menu or Control Panel.
Is this normal - does it depend on another form of access in the menu before it is usable? Can someone advise please.
Bob

07-12-2014, 10:16 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
it will only be available with later Pentax lenses, will be disabled with Sigma, Tamron , older Pentax etc
kind regards
jack
07-12-2014, 10:59 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by robrob41 Quote
I have successfully updated my K3. Checking through the menu, I am unable to turn on 'Lens Correction' , either by Menu or Control Panel.
Is this normal - does it depend on another form of access in the menu before it is usable? Can someone advise please.
Bob
The feature is only available in JPEG mode and with FA Limited, DA, DFA, DA L, or DA* lenses.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-12-2014, 11:35 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

and also does not work with new HD Pentax-DA1.4x AW converter, a bit disappointing......

07-12-2014, 11:59 PM   #5

QuoteOriginally posted by i_trax Quote
and also does not work with new HD Pentax-DA1.4x AW converter, a bit disappointing......
With any luck a future update will take care of that
07-13-2014, 12:14 AM   #6

Original Poster
I thank you all for comment. I was suspecting compatibility issue. However my SMC FA 1.4 5Omm prime lens doesn't excite the K3.
BOB
07-13-2014, 10:33 AM   #7
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by i_trax Quote
That does not surprise me since any correction would be dependent on the lens mated to the converter.

Steve

07-31-2014, 10:57 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
The feature is only available in JPEG mode and with FA Limited, DA, DFA, DA L, or DA* lenses.
Sorry to correct you but lens correction will work in DNG with the lenses you mentioned, at least it does on my K-5 IIs.
07-31-2014, 11:06 AM   #9
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by silverbow47 Quote
Sorry to correct you but lens correction will work in DNG with the lenses you mentioned, at least it does on my K-5 IIs.
I know that it can be applied via the Pentax desktop software and other converters, but lens corrections do not alter the RAW pixel data. They can always be disabled if you want, etc.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-31-2014, 11:31 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by silverbow47 Quote
It sort of does, but if you don't use the Pentax image converter, those lens corrections won't be read. Lightroom has its own set of corrections available and it is probably quicker just to check those in lightroom than slow down your frame rate by having the lens corrections saved with the RAW file.