Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
07-13-2014, 04:05 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
FirmWare version 1.10

I am not able to upgrade my K-3 to firmware version 1.10. I follow the instructions to the letter. After I load the SD card with the downloaded firmware, I am supposed to turn the camera on while depressing the Menu button and then the instructions will 'automatically' display, etc Well, when i turn on the camera, I do not get the firmware recognized (?); the camera just reverts to the picture taking mode... Any ideas? I have tried this several times; the SD card does contain the firmware in the root directory, as needed...

07-13-2014, 04:57 PM   #2

QuoteOriginally posted by buzzfotoz Quote
I am not able to upgrade my K-3 to firmware version 1.10. I follow the instructions to the letter. After I load the SD card with the downloaded firmware, I am supposed to turn the camera on while depressing the Menu button and then the instructions will 'automatically' display, etc Well, when i turn on the camera, I do not get the firmware recognized (?); the camera just reverts to the picture taking mode... Any ideas? I have tried this several times; the SD card does contain the firmware in the root directory, as needed...
did u extract out the update file and place it in the root folder of your sd card...?
07-13-2014, 05:28 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The file in the root directory needs to be the .bin file not the .exe. or .zip. If you downloaded the zip, extract the file inside the .zip and put that on the SD card. If you downloaded the .exe, run it and it will extract the .bin file and put it someplace on your hard drive, find that file and copy it to the SD card. Both result in the same file and the .zip is often easier to find the extracted file, but either method will work.
07-13-2014, 06:56 PM - 1 Like   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Add to above advice,
Make sure you have the card with the .bin file in slot #1,

07-13-2014, 08:00 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by K-Three Quote
Make sure you have the card with the .bin file in slot #1,
+1 on that, I should have mentioned it, some other members already have reported problems updating the k-3 because they tried using the wrong slot.
07-14-2014, 07:36 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
In fact, I left the # 2 slot empty while I ran the update,
Did have a bit of a scare when I did it, never saw the screen go to any kind a "done" reading, it just went black after saying "NOW LOADING" for awhile,
Was a nervous few seconds when I turned it off and back on again.

But, it's good, and took the update.
07-14-2014, 08:29 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It says completed when finished but it displays for such a short time if you blink you miss it.