Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-15-2014, 07:19 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Des Quote
You're asking for trouble Veronica! If Qld is our Florida, you might find the same issue as Kozlok. The point is that you might need to try a range of methods for removing stuff from the sensor.

BTW it helps a lot if you can see the dust - often it isn't visible with the naked eye. A magnifying glass and torch might help but a loupe is better. Some have a space on the side so that you can use a swab or brush or pen or whatever while the loupe is in place, so you can see what you are doing.
Ok got the Sensor Klear Loupe kit yesterday that the camera store got for me I got a good majority clean last night still 3 spots annoying me so just waiting on the kit from the guys you suggested hopefully will come tomorrow but much improved the annoying ones right on the edge so think a square instead of a circle might be more help. Rain here today so hopefully dust has lost the battle for the moment at least for 24hrs 😀

07-15-2014, 07:41 PM   #17
Des
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Sounds like you've now got quite an arsenal in your war against dust: blowers, loupe, DustAid, wet cleaning spot swabs, wet cleaning wipes.

As Jatrax and others have said, it's not a war that can be won in a single battle. It's a war of attrition. Like Jatrax I have seen dust spots come and go and come again in a single day.

I guess the ideal practice would be to take some test shots of the sky and look for dust on the sensor before each shoot. I wish I could manage to do that - it would reduce the time spent trying to remove dust spots in PP.
07-15-2014, 07:56 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Des Quote
Sounds like you've now got quite an arsenal in your war against dust: blowers, loupe, DustAid, wet cleaning spot swabs, wet cleaning wipes.

As Jatrax and others have said, it's not a war that can be won in a single battle. It's a war of attrition. Like Jatrax I have seen dust spots come and go and come again in a single day.

I guess the ideal practice would be to take some test shots of the sky and look for dust on the sensor before each shoot. I wish I could manage to do that - it would reduce the time spent trying to remove dust spots in PP.
I must say I have gone feeling very stricken to like I have a fair chance thanks to you folks only new to DSLRs and I thought that's it it's all over for my poor camera to realising it is an everyday occurance. Guess you live and learn everyday with photography