Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-06-2014, 03:30 AM   #47

Original Poster
I am not going to lie... up to now I was seriously thinkign about fujifilm x100 (I really want to try some street photography - but law in Poland... meh I wouldn't be able to show my photos legally... without model release...)

another camera was olympus omd m10

Last 2 weeks I was doing so much research... so much reading... I am just really exhausted with all this.

I love this forum, the way it is organised, people who are really eager to help. I will be glad to join the community

Thank you very much guys!

There is one one thing

If someone is bored, got some free time or just simpyl like to look at lenses ^_^

This is Polish equivalent to ebay etc.:

Obiektywy Pentax - Allegro.pl - Wi?cej ni? aukcje. Najlepsze oferty na najwi?kszej platformie handlowej.

Are there any good very sharp prime lesnses here I should hunt down? (I am not lazy ;p I am doing my own research reading reviews etc on this forum but I bet some of you got your own favourites and maybe would like to recommend them )

So far I am thinking about SMC PENTAX-M 50/2 but maybe there is something betteron auctions I can get
08-06-2014, 07:14 AM   #48
Site Supporter

The M50/2 is a nice lens, but I believe the M50/1.7 is even better. Looks to be about 50 zł more, though.

If you're interested in AF primes it's hard to beat the DA50/1.8 and DA35/2.4. They are probably the two lenses I have that are the sharpest across the frame wide open combined with very little colour fringing. The DFA100 is probably sharper, but (at least mine) has more fringing unless it's closed down a bit. The FA43, too, needs to be closed down a tiny bit.

Of course, there's more, much more to lenses than sharpness, but those qualities are harder to quantify.
08-06-2014, 11:01 AM   #49

I have this one: SMC Pentax 1.4/50mm 1,4/50mm na Pentax K (4471941497) - Allegro.pl - Wi?cej ni? aukcje.

Very nice lens for the price imo.

I also have the DA 50 / 1.8. It is sharper but i like the bookeh and color rendition of the K better. And for manual focusing there is no competition.

08-06-2014, 11:50 AM   #50

Original Poster
I think I will go with SMC Pentax-M 50mm F1.7 as the prices are nice and value for an item is great

Just scared a little of quality of used lenses but I hope everything will be ok xD