Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-19-2014, 03:26 PM   #1

Pentax Q10 owner with some general questions.

Hello to everyone. I am 32 with one son that is 3 and it has ben well past due for me to buy a good camera that can shoot video and take good pictures. I remember from when I was much younger my dad using Pentax scopes and cameras so I found a smoking deal on a Pentax Q10 and could not say no. The biggest question I have is what adapter will work well with this camera since lense availibility is limited? I was looking at the C mount style, will this be Ok? Is there a better mount with better (more affordable) lense?

The other question I have is I noticed that they advertise the 8.5mm lense is equivalent to a 45mm lense. Should there be a specific range of lense I should look into too or avoid?

Thanks and any other suggestions or advice I would greatly appreciate.

07-20-2014, 12:04 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The D mount lenses should work too given the tiny sensor on the body. I am not sure whether the registration distance of the C-mount lenses or of the D-mount lenses are uniform.

You will find a lot of lenses in these mounts that will work as telephotos since the crop factor is 5.6x on the Q10. But if you are looking for a 28mm equivalent, you would have to find something like a 5mm or a 1/5" focal length lens in these mounts.

The D mount lenses tend to be tiny.

Last edited by jhaji; 07-20-2014 at 12:17 AM.