Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-25-2014, 11:54 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
So do cable tie or zip lock whatever name you use same thing it applies even pressure all round which fingers don't

09-21-2014, 07:30 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I just wanted to come back and add that I was stymied for months (including buying a set of filter wrenches only to find that they wouldn't work with the lens hood-- argh!), but I finally got the filter off! And what worked for me should work for you, too!

My dad, like one of y'all up above, suggested I try one of those rubber-gripper things for opening jar lids. I didn't have one of those, but then I realized that I did have a rubber adjustable-diameter filter wrench-- a rubber band. I put the rubber band around the filter, the rubber band stretched to go over the lens hood while still maintaining tension over the filter, and then the rubber was grippy enough on both the filter and my fingers to give me enough torque to dislodge the filter.

Woohoo, horray for cheap and easy solutions!
09-22-2014, 02:21 PM   #18
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Outis Quote
Woohoo, horray for cheap and easy solutions!
Remember now bin the filter, so your not tempted to put it back on.