Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 7 Likes Search this Thread
07-28-2014, 06:22 AM   #16
Veteran Member

@fgaudet... Thanks, and I do follow you regarding the "far from scientific" rendering test. I have been thinking about what would constitute a fast and practical lens testing protocol for my accumulation of glass. I have face-offs to do in some cases; multiple copies of the same lens to pick from in others. Finding some one thing that can target a "tipping point" characteristic of any lens under test -- a kind of litmus test -- makes a lot of sense. That is, when you know from experience it correlates well with field or in-studio performance; or, as you say, something like skin tones.

I think I can infer one or two things about the dog hair / CA test ^pp. However, you can probably tell I'm a detail guy and ever curious...

07-28-2014, 07:02 AM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kayaker-J Quote
However, you can probably tell I'm a detail guy and ever curious...
Haha, my dog has a very contrasting white on black double coat. Not only does it protects the dog from the elements and cover most of my floor, clothes and furniture, I found that it also functions as an efficient CA generator. I always thought that real life testing is more representative than laboratory tests. So now I always have one high contrast target following me around.
07-28-2014, 07:14 AM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by fgaudet Quote
Haha, my dog has a very contrasting white on black double coat. Not only does it protects the dog from the elements and cover most of my floor, clothes and furniture, I found that it also functions as an efficient CA generator. I always thought that real life testing is more representative than laboratory tests. So now I always have one high contrast target following me around.
Oh, that's a great test... and so artistic, too. I could use an assistant...
08-31-2014, 10:32 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Kayaker-J Quote
Oh, that's a great test... and so artistic, too. I could use an assistant...
I use a cat for this And it works!