Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-08-2014, 01:15 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
K-5 int flash control doesn't work as I want

Hi.

I bought a K-5 and FA360 FGZ II recently, and found a great walkthrough on this forum about how to use the flash wirelessly.

Now I cannot find the article anymore, and am struggling with the settings. I want the camera's int. flash to control the 360 wirelessly, and I chose the camera to work as a controller from the camera settings, but for some odd reason both flashes expose the picture.

What am I doing wrong?

08-08-2014, 02:10 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
On the K5, you must go to menu item C21 and set "Flash in Wireless Mode" to Off. Have you done that? Then the built-in flash acts solely as a controller.

Having said that, the K5 is notoriously fickle with off-camera P-TTL. I never got it to work properly with my Metz 52 AF-1. However, I never had an issue with setting controller or master.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, control, flash, int, int flash control, k-5, k-5 int flash, pentax help, photography, settings