Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-09-2014, 08:21 PM   #1

Pentax repair and trouble getting parts

Hi, I have a Pentax 67II that is in need of repair. When I trip the shutter, I get an E-10 error code. The only way to clear it is to open the back.
I sent it to a gentleman who kept it for almost a year waiting on parts from Pentax. He finally refunded my money and sent the camera back. He indicated that it needed solenoid(s).
I was wondering if anyone knows who would have the parts and the ability to repair this camera in the United States.
Also, for some reason, now I cannot get a lens to attach to the camera. I suspect that may be a simple fix, but I'm not sure.
Can anyone help me out with this camera?

Thanks very much,
Steve

08-09-2014, 09:11 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Email Eric Hendrickson if you are in the U.S. He will be the best option.

http://pentaxs.com/
08-09-2014, 10:34 PM   #3

Original Poster
Actually, Eric is the person I sent it to. He kept it for quite a while and in the end just could not get the parts from Pentax. I don't fault him, he seems to have a good reputation. When I asked for my camera and my money back, he promptly did as I asked. It just is what it is. So I need to try to find someone else.
Thanks,
Steve
08-10-2014, 02:10 AM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What about precision camera in NC? They've been repairing Pentax cameras for decades, plus they're an authorized Pentax repair center, so if the parts still exist, they'll be able to get them.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

08-10-2014, 09:01 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
You've probably already have thought of this, but, I think it would be prudent to start looking for spare 67II bodies for future parts. If parts are hard to come by or no longer available, cannibalizing a spare body will be your only option if you still want to use the film camera. The way things are looking, it won't be too many years now before all 120 & 220 film become extinct.
08-10-2014, 10:46 AM   #6

Original Poster
Thanks for the responses.
Adam, can you tell me the website of Precision Camera in NC? I did a web search, and I see Precision Camera in Austin, Illinois, Connecticut. But not one in North Carolina.
I emailed a couple of the other ones, but I'd like to contact the one you're referring to.
Thanks
08-10-2014, 10:55 AM - 1 Like   #7
Pentaxian

I think the one in CT is the one.