Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-11-2014, 05:00 PM   #1

M42 & Adapter

Hi there

Total camera rookie I was going to ask in the M42 thread, but it is closed.

I have some M42 mount lenses and purchased a K-5 IIs + adapter (Adapter B) to use the lenses with. Sorry, if my questions are dumb :\

I have put the adapter on a Zenitar M2 and was wondering tight should the lens be in the adapter?
Is there a way to tell what is the right distance into the adapter?
Can it go too far and cause damage anywhere?
Is there a way when looking through the viewfinder to tell if the lens is at the correct depth (too shallow or too deep) into the adapter?

Thank you!

08-11-2014, 05:08 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You should tighten it as far as it will go; it's best to do this when the lens is already mounted on the camera. If you can achieve infinity focus you'll know that the lens is mounted properly.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-11-2014, 05:11 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
You should tighten it as far as it will go; it's best to do this when the lens is already mounted on the camera. If you can achieve infinity focus you'll know that the lens is mounted properly.
Thank you & for the quick reply!!

Have a great day/night!